Conventions are an exciting way to be exposed to new parts of the dance world. Below, we’ve outlined a basic checklist of essential items to bring to a convention so you can focus on learning and having a great time!
Conventions present an opportunity to express yourself, so don’t be afraid to wear clothes that match your personality. It’s a good idea to wear layers since you’ll likely have breaks during or in between classes where you’ll want to keep your muscles warm. When it comes to footwear, it’s smart to bring a variety since you never really know what the floor at the convention will be like. They can be held on stage flooring, hardwood, dance flooring, or even carpet, so it’s best to be prepared.
- Clothing: Bright Tops, Stylish Sweatpants, Dance Shorts, Sports Bras, Trendy Sweaters or Hoodies
- Footwear: Warm-Up Booties, Fun Socks, Indoor Street Shoes for Hip Hop, Turning Shoes (Twylas, Dance Paws, FootUndeez, Dance Shocks), Jazz Shoes, Ballet Slippers
- Water Bottle
- Healthy Snacks
- Training Tools: Massage Balls, Foam Roller, Theraband, Turning Board, Balance Board
- Money for Gifts and Souvenirs
- An empty bag to bring gifts or souvenirs home in
- Ice Pack
- Heat Pack
- Safety Pins
- Hair Products: Bobby Pins, Hair Elastics, Headband, Hairspray, Bun Builder